Welcome to North Shore Beekeepers' Association
Our aim is to provide fun and educational activities for people interested in beekeeping and related subjects. The Association has many features that help to provide a full bee keeping environment.
WHY KEEP BEES
Because of our remote geographical location, being surrounded by sea, Australia is protected (up to a point) from many issues threatening bee populations in other countries. All of these diseases and pests will eventually reach Australia, so the more people involved in managing bee colonies, the greater the chance of their survival.
Terrey Hills Apiary & Bee Garden
OUR NSBKA OBJECTIVES
- To increase the knowledge of bees and bee culture
- To improve the standing of beekeeping among beekeepers throughout New South Wales
- To assist in the study of subjects allied and relevant to apiculture
- To foster intelligent observation and good practical handling of bees
- To afford advice and assistance to beginners
- To arrange lectures, discussions, demonstrations and field days for the benefit of members
- To assist members in the acquisition of suitable apiculture literature and equipment by purchase or loan from the Association
- To seek out and assist people who are interested and qualified to carry out research work on bees and bee culture and to arrange for assistance in the recognition, control and treatment of diseases affecting bees
- To protect the honey and pollen flora of New South Wales and the interests of beekeeping
- To encourage the observance of the Apiaries Act and regulations
Our committee is comprised of volunteers who provide their time in the knowledge of these objectives and strive to make our beekeeping world a better place for ourselves and our bees. We more than welcome members to assist on the committee to help keep our local club a great club.
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions or enquiries? Talk to us today!